Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bri and Jeff's Rainy Day Engagements

So I have always had a passion and love for photography! Whenever I would go anywhere I always had to have my camera with me, I was always the one to make people stop so we could take pics of each other or the scenery or whatever! I have always wanted to be a "photographer" and I don't know why it took me so long to act upon it. I remember one instance when one of my old roomies didn't want to spend lots of money on a photographer and so I offered to take them! Well she let me and they turned out great! (Thanks Kim) I never really said anything to anybody again but now that I have like 15 friends getting married I decided it would be smart to play around with the camera and take snaps of them and that way I could build up a portfolio and they could use the pics if they wanted free of charge!

Well my friend Bri decided that she wanted me to take some pics of them. I was so excited!!! We planned to go to St. George in the warmer weather and get some nice shots. Well unfortunately when we got there it started pouring rain, just about the whole time! We had to get an umbrella to keep the camera dry - and although it was super hard to get shots we had a blast doing it. Poor Bri and Jeff were soaked after, as you can tell in most of the pics! We are going to try a second time when there is no rain so that we can get some shots that were too hard trying to keep us all under the one umbrella! I have to admit I was really bummed thinking they wouldn't turn out well, but I really love some of them! And although they have raindrops all over them and Bri's hair is in her face in some of them I think it tells a story and shows how much fun we really had that day! They are unique!!!

Thanks Bri and Jeff for letting me take your pics and thanks KJ for helping me out, you made it so much easier, what would I have done in the rain without you haha and thanks to Todd also for coming a little later and supporting me and buying me dinner!!!

(Kjersti my lovely assistant)

Let me know what ya'll think and if you ever want someone to take some pics or just play around with I am trying to expand my portfolio and maybe make a website one day!

If you click on the pictures they will get a bit bigger!
Sadly with this collage it doesn't show the full size of most images so in a few pics their heads are cut out- sorry guys the real pics are much better!

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Stef... these are really really good. Especially being your first time they'll only get better. Nice job!!! I can be on your list of people to take.. one day! You're super talented. I wanna see them all big :)

Mom said...

Wow! I am impressed, these are really good and creative! However, since they are small, I really can't see the detail, so you should put some of your favs up as singles so they will be bigger and we can see the fine details! Way to go, glad you are finally putting that nice cam to good use!! Too bad you can't do your own engagements!!