Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cali 2010

In October we had the chance to go to California for my cousin Sausha's wedding and to visit my sis in law and our 3 nieces. It was also Tara's birthday- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TARA!!! Tara was kind enough to pick us up from the airport and let us stay at her house for a few nights. They live on base in Port Hueneme in Oxnard, California. It was really cool to be able to "live on base" for a few days. Tara's husband Dave is in Afghanistan and she has been alone with 3 girls since he left in June. We don't get to see them enough so were super excited to be able to be with them! We were able to go to the beach and to a pumpkin patch and it was so much fun! I had never been to a real pumpkin patch before, they had tons of pumpkins all different shapes and sizes it was crazy! They were all over in Cali.


Todd and Caleigh burying Audrey in the sand


Danielle was tuckered out- she's such a doll

Audrey was trying to catch the cats with a butterfly net and boy did she succeed. This was so fun to watch, I was laughing so hard I was crying. And once she caught the cat it just sat there and didn't mind at all.





Look how HUGE the stem on this little pumpkin is


They had all sorts of fruit orchards and flower gardens here I loved it!


Pumpkins were sold by size as you can see they had 7 choices the smallest being $2 and the biggest being $20. We bought 2 pumpkins that were not even that big and it cost us $14 wow. Guess you are mostly paying for the patch experience. Then sadly we did not even get to carve our pumpkins before we had to leave so I hope the girls enjoyed carving two!!!
We had such a good time in Cali and it was so nice to be able to get away for a little while. I am glad we were able to visit with Tara and the girls. I don't know how she does it sometimes, being a full time mom with 3 girls and doing school online while having her husband gone. I admire her and the strength she possesses. We love you guys!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Those girls are so cute. It doesn't look very warm there ha ha. I love all the pictures :)

MOM said...

Wow! So good to see you posting again! The pumpkin pics are so cute and I love the one of Danielle asleep! Good shootin'! Now post some more of those awesome pics you have been taking(the twins, Matt's endowments, Sausha's wedding, etc., etc.)

Elisa & Josh said...

Looks like you had fun! Yeah I don't know how military wives do it. My sister too has had to be alone when my brother-in-law was deployed twice. It would be way hard. :( Glad you are posting more! And yes we do need to get together!! Maybe you can let me know when you'll be up in Salt Lake.