Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Do You Hear What I Hear...

If you said Christmas music you are correct! I know there are some of you who are thinking that I am crazy because it is not even Thanksgiving and I am already decked out in Christmas attire and am playing Christmas music on my blog. I figured if the radio is already playing it, why can't I?
On Saturday I attended my home ward's Super Saturday Extravaganza! I have had the oppurtunity to participate in it the last few years and I absolutely love it. Not only do I get to make the neatest and craftiest of things, but I get to see friends and neighbors that I haven't seen in what seems like forever. I had such a great time and want to thank all the ladies who helped put it together. All throughout the day they were playing Christmas music and well it just got me in the mood. I do love this time of year and why try and deny that it is already here when it will be gone just as quickly as it came.
I have been thinking a lot lately of what I can do to become a better person, and with a New Year just around the corner I want to share a quote with you all and I hope it will touch you as it did me.

I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing Sister Schenk's lawn. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed some one's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”
-Sister Marjorie Hinckley


I WANT US ALL TO REALLY LIVE!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that quote! And I loved Sister Hinckley. She was so gosh-darn cute! She's so optimistic and witty.

Thanks for sharing!

P.S. I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt in my mind that you will definitely be just like Sis. Hinckley at those pearly gates. You are a very kind hearted person who loves to help others.

Sharlene and Matt said...

Hello!! time for an unpdate hahaha. love you and your blog!

Jenny said...

Love the new layout. Now post something new!

Devin Anderson said...

stefanie, I loved that quote by sister Hinckley!! Thanks for reading my blog, and sharing all you do on yours!! You have a great love for the elderly!!